Mitsubishi Electric Introduces Most Energy-efficient HVAC Ductless Model on MarketWednesday, May 28, 2014
Helps Residential Builders Exceed Homeowner Expectations
SUWANEE, Georgia, May 28, 2014 - Six years ago, the World Green Building Trends SmartMarket Report from McGraw-Hill Construction found that the top driver for green building was "doing the right thing." The current report, however, found that "business drivers such as client and market demand are the key factors" influencing builders to use sustainable practices and products in their work.
To meet this homeowner demand, Mitsubishi Electric US Cooling & Heating Division (Mitsubishi Electric) developed the Hyper-Heating INVERTER® (H2i®) MSZ-FH models, the most energy-efficient ductless cooling and heating systems on the market. Featuring an industry-leading efficiency rating of 30.5 SEER, the H2i MSZ-FH models are the latest innovation from Mitsubishi Electric, the first manufacturer to introduce ductless zoning technology to the U.S. more than 30 years ago.
"Energy efficiency is no longer a fringe product benefit. Homeowners now demand that the products in their homes be energy efficient," says Mike Smith, senior product marketing manager, Mitsubishi Electric US Cooling & Heating Division. "The expectation is that energy-efficient solutions will save on rising utility costs."
Since heating and cooling costs are the largest contributor to home energy bills (nearly half of total costs), energy-efficient HVAC solutions should be a top priority.
"Higher SEER ratings will lead to lower electrical costs," says Smith. "Ductless cooling and heating systems typically use up to 40 percent less energy than conventional central air systems and window units. We expect the H2i MSZ-FH models to exceed that figure. This is the solution residential building professionals need, and we're confident that the market will respond accordingly."
According to a 2013 report from Navigant Research, ductless cooling and heating systems will account for nearly 30 percent of all energy-efficient HVAC systems' revenue by 2020 - a 130 percent increase from 2013.
"Ductless cooling and heating is simply the way of the future when it comes to home comfort. These systems are ideal solutions for a growing number of applications in a widening range of geographic locations," says Smith.
Benefits for Residential Building Professionals
- Any room, any climate: H2i MSZ-FH models (available in 9, 12 and 15 kBtu/h capacities) offer year-round, high-efficiency cooling and heating for any room in the house, in any climate. The patented H2i technology allows them to operate at 100 percent heating capacity at +5 degrees Fahrenheit, giving them the highest performance capabilities in cold climates on the market.
- No separate heating product: H2i MSZ-FH models eliminate the need for a separate heating product, saving installation time, improving energy efficiency and addressing significant industry demand to provide heat pump operation throughout the year in extreme conditions without relying on fossil fuels.
- Efficient installation: Like all Mitsubishi Electric residential ductless zoning systems, the H2i MSZ-FH models can be installed in less than a day; the smaller footprint means less labor, fewer materials and easy installation.
- Building certifications: H2i MSZ-FH models are ENERGY STAR® qualified and can help attain points to earn LEED® certification for homes, meet aggressive U.S. Passive House standards and qualify for local, state and federal tax credits or utility rebates in many states.
- Wireless control: Systems are compatible with the optional MHK1 radio frequency wireless wall-mounted controller that can be installed in any room. Users can also connect the Honeywell RedLINK Internet Gateway to the home's router, enabling system control from a PC or smart device.
- Automatic sensor: The H2i MSZ-FH model indoor unit (fan) features exclusive 3D heat imaging technology called the i-see Sensor™ 3D. This sensor automatically scans the space, measuring both its size and the location of people. The system then delivers the exact amount of hot or cold air needed to meet the desired temperature in the particular space.
- Unparalleled network of professionals: Mitsubishi Electric has one of the most extensive networks of qualified and well trained HVAC contractors and distributors among U.S. manufacturers. As the pioneer of ductless and VRF zoning technology in the U.S. market, Mitsubishi Electric has the longest record of product quality and support.
H2i MSZ-FH models will be available through Mitsubishi Electric US Cooling & Heating Division distribution channels in May 2014. For more information, click here.
# # #
About Mitsubishi Electric US Cooling & Heating Division
Mitsubishi Electric US Cooling & Heating Division (Mitsubishi Electric) is headquartered in Suwanee, Georgia. Mitsubishi Electric is a leading marketer of ductless and variable refrigerant flow (VRF) air-conditioning and heating technology in North America, Latin America, the Caribbean and Bermuda. In 1982, Mitsubishi Electric introduced its state-of-the-art, ductless air conditioners and heat pumps in North America. Mitsubishi Electric expanded its product line with VRF zoning heat pump systems using INVERTER technology to offer simultaneous cooling and heating capabilities. Mitsubishi Electric also offers compressors and a full line of air-conditioning accessories. The division's HVAC products have won numerous awards for innovation and excellence, including a 2014 Top Products Award from Building Operating Management, appliance DESIGN's 2013 Excellence in Design Bronze Award, a 2013 Top Products Award from Building Operating Management, a 2012 Product Innovation Award from Architectural Products, a 2012 Record Products Award from Architectural Record and a 2012 BuildingGreen Top-10 Products Award for ductless and VRF systems. More information is available at www.mehvac.com and at Mitsubishi Electric's blog, www.mehvac-blog.com. Mitsubishi Electric US Cooling & Heating Division is also on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube.