Franklin Park Middle School
Franklin Park Middle School in Salem, Illinois, opened in 1980 and spans 82,398 square feet across two buildings. By 2021, four decades of use left many of the school’s facilities needing major renovations. Improvements would include expanded classroom space, a new parking lot, window replacements and, most significantly, an upgraded heating and cooling system to replace the outdated and inefficient system.
After consulting with OMNI Energy Partners, Franklin Park decided a Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) heat recovery system from Mitsubishi Electric Trane HVAC US would meet the needs of the revitalized school.
A comfortable learning environment was important to the faculty and staff at Franklin Park. They wanted to ensure the renovations and new systems would be conducive to learning and benefit the students, faculty and staff. The VRF system, installed by Culbertson Heating & Cooling, helped meet those demands. With customized temperature control, each teacher can adjust their individual spaces to best suit their students’ preferences. The system’s ultra-quiet operation minimizes distraction, and the indoor units’ small footprint and low-profile design help preserve valuable classroom space. Overall, the school benefits from improved energy efficiency, reliable performance, integrated controls and simplified maintenance.
Click here to learn more about Franklin Park Middle School and hear directly from the project team.
- INVERTER-driven compressor for minimal electrical usage and reduced energy bills
- Continuous fan movement for steady indoor temperatures
- Individually controlled comfort zones
- Centralized and remote access for facility managers
- Quiet operation
- Low maintenance requirements
- 10-year extended warranty
- Completed: September 2021
- Climate: Cool/Humid Zone 6A
- Footprint: 82,398 square feet
- (7) PURY R2-Series Outdoor Units
- (68) PLFY Four-way Ceiling Cassette Indoor Units
- (4) PKFY Wall-mounted Indoor Units
- (6) PEFY Ceiling-concealed Ducted Indoor Units
- (82) Simple MA Controllers